We have an exciting job opportunity for a mid-senior Graphic Designer at a fabulous advertising agency with a post-production arm to the business in Cape Town. We are looking for a talented and motivated Designer with a high level of expertise to deliver intelligent concepts to meet client briefs in packaging and branding design. In this role you will be required to contribute creatively from the point of brief and initial concepting, through to finessing of visual identity design, brand development, brand roll-out and final delivery of assets. The fullest understanding of graphic design, typography and branding standards is as essential as is the ability to work well cross-platform. In this regard, the successful candidate will also be well versed in digital and fully understand design for an online environment. This includes basic front-end and social media design.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary Visual Communications qualification
- 6 – 8 years’ experience in an agency environment
- Strong creative portfolio of branding and design work
- A high standard of finished execution, with exceptional attention to detail and craft
- Technical, conceptual and meticulous approach to design thinking
- Proficient in Adobe CC (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and problem-solving skills, with confidence to present and engage in client conversations and presentations
- A willingness to collaborate creatively and take creative direction
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to meet deadlines timeously and under pressure
- Strong creative, organisational, problem-solving and time-management skills
- Reliable work ethic: motivated, self-disciplined and consistent in seeing projects through
- Understand project requirements (including concepts and client’s needs) to produce effective designs for all media
- Can work independently and prioritise accordingly
- The motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- The ability to see projects through from inception to production
- Above average attention to detail.
Please submit a relevant portfolio of work along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris2120