Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a dazzling job opportunity for a Head of Communications with their finger on the pulse to join the dynamic team at an exciting, global FMCG Brand’s Johannesburg office. In this role as Head of Communications your aim is to develop and lead strategic communications through storytelling, earned media and influencer relations. Critical to this role is your ability to deliver results from earned media, outside of traditional media coverage.
As Head of Communications, you will manage a small team and lead strategy and execution for communications across the brand’s media network. You will be responsible for positioning and delivering an effective communication message across all types of third party and owned media channels (social, web, TV, radio, and print) to bring the brand image to life and make it relevant for their target audiences.
This is such a terrifically exciting opportunity to work on a global cutting-edge brand, don’t miss it! Apply today.
- Responsible for having others talk about the world of the brand positively and without payment: earned media activation, influencer amplification and building high-frequency editorial relationships
- Identify great story opportunities coming from (Sports, Culture, Brand) Marketing to the local media network facilitating the translation of marketing ideas into engaging media products
- Project leading activation (PEMO) plans across all initiatives in the market together with your team
- Responsible for corporate communications including product communication, crisis and consumer affairs
- A motivated self-starter who is able to think big on their own and created executable campaigns that drive positive word-of-mouth with our consumers
- Possess excellent interpersonal skill, and the ability to work with several different stakeholders and judge what’s necessary to be successful
- Be the eyes and ears outside the walls to evaluate emerging trends in Brand, Culture and Sports across the nation, identifying potential opportunities for the brand to more effectively target consumer groups
- Develop national/regional strategic editorial media partnerships that improve the consumer experience and brand credibility
- Lead innovation in the skillset of Communications, and built futuristic strategies that drive value for the business beyond awareness alone
- Manage relationships with heads of departments and Global Headquarter counterparts to achieve alignment and business success
- Support field activation teams by creating and managing content asset needs and distribution across earned, managed, and owned channels
- Day-to-day management and procurement of supporting PR agencies and PR freelance network
- Identify and constantly reflect the most important media that matter in the market to help drive impactful word of-mouth about the brand.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Communications, PR in Marketing or Media led companies
- A senior communication professional with an extensive media network in the market
- Able to deliver results from earned media outside of traditional media
- A proven track record in leading teams, projects and securing brand reach & engagement via earned media amplification
- Ability to think strategically on how to position Marketing and Media initiatives to guarantee message pull through to our target audience via traditional earned media including social influencers
- Is a story seeker that identifies stories with true media potential
- Proven leadership qualities and presentation skills
- Very equipped to build media and influencer relations in all fields
- An agile, team player that knows how to get the work done
- Works with passion and has high affinity with the worlds of Sports and Culture
- Creative thinker and innovator; in touch with digital, cultural and consumer trends
- Able to travel as needed; work flexible hours/days of week and weekends
- Ability to lead by example as a coach and mentor to others
- English (written and spoken); national language.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam636