Cedar Communications SA, a creative and commercial content marketing agency, is looking for a dynamic and experienced Head of Content to join the office in Woodstock, Cape Town. Cedar SA is part of the King James Group in South Africa and Cedar Communications Ltd in London, UK, and other offices include Hong Kong and Madrid.
The Head of Content role is an opportunity to establish a conducive environment for Cedar’s content team to achieve the agency objective of world-class, best-practice content creation and ideation. This person will lead the content team and take responsibility for the quality of all content generated by Cedar Communications on behalf of our clients.
The role requires excellent content capabilities, journalistic writing experience, a wealth of creativity and exposure to content creation in print, digital, social, video and voice channels. A part of this role will also be interacting with clients on a content level to ensure that the work delivered is strategically sound and of exceptional quality.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
The candidate must have at least 7 years’ managing and leading a team at a content marketing agency, content marketing knowledge as well as exposure to the field of internal communications. Experience working with clients in the business-to-business, retail and financial services fields would be a big plus.
• Experience as a practitioner: editing, copywriting, scriptwriting, content strategy, market research, SEO, and storytelling for video and websites.
• Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams: visual design, UX and video.
• Exceptional content, communication, presentation, and organisational skills.
• Lead content creation, copywriting, and storytelling projects.
• Review creative work and constantly look to improve the quality of the creative output.
• Provide guidance and clear direction to content team members.
• Look for opportunities to improve team collaboration.
• Conduct regular content reviews with content producers and content writers and art directors ahead of internal and client reviews.
• Conduct brainstorms and group work sessions with content teams.
• Work side-by-side with the group account director, head of strategy and MD.
• Assist in estimating resource needs and managing freelancers, as required.
• Delegate content responsibilities to team members when needed.
• Present work to clients as required.
• Problem-solve, and decisively lead content with empathy and authority.
Team career development and appraisal
• Ensure continued personal and professional growth of the content team.
• Encourage and guide team members in improving their craft.
• Mentor team members on content creation and content strategy methods.
• Conduct regular appraisals with team members as required by the agency.
New business pitches
• Assist Head of Strategy and MD with research and insights for prospective client pitches as required.
• Present insight-based proposals for organic growth of existing clients.
• Proficient in MS Office suite (incl. Mail, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Google Docs) and Adobe InDesign
• Enthusiastic / Confident / Professional / Diplomatic
• Ability to cope with client feedback and pressure, work to tight deadlines and handle diverse content teams.
• Reliable, highly skilled and with attention to detail
• Passion for the written word and visually literate
• Accountable on all levels
Dates and information
If you want to join the best Content Marketing agency in SA, please send your CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 14 June 2021
Start date: As soon as possible.