Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Got that finger of yours on the cultural pulse of the youth? Fabulous, because the person we’re looking for knows what’s hip and happening. We have an extremely exciting job opportunity for dynamic Head of Programming/Digital Media Head at a global youth culture brand’s Cape Town HQ. The ideal candidate is a visionary “storyteller” who can lead, conceptualise and produce content for a global stage, but with a distinctly South African flavour. In this role you will lead Programming distribution of Owned and Managed 3rd party (YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.) channels. You will be responsible for Community Management as well as Shared (3rd party channels, Partnerships, Opinion leader, Broadcast etc.) management. The successful candidate will be charged with building Audience Engagement – reach, frequency and length of interaction – across those platforms by making sure to have the right content at the right time at the right outlet. You will develop consistent programming plans to increase awareness and relevance of the Brand and its content offering. You will drive insights and programming best practices through the organisation. If you dance to the beat of the nation, you do not want to miss this opportunity!
- Defines audience priorities in accordance with Media Network and Marketing teams. Provides performance and audience insights to optimise audience engagement
- Defines roles of owned and managed channels, identifies potential programming partner channels and builds consistent programming and release plans across the network. Grows locally relevant outlets through partnerships
- Optimises channel performance and experience through scheduling, featuring, customised functionalities and smooth consumer journeys.
- Develops activation plans with Brand and Communications departments
- Briefs specific content needs, co-creates rolling commissioning brief with Head of Content
- Runs Social Media and Community Management, builds Social Content Creator and Influencer Network.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications
- Digital Media executive with at least 5 years of leadership experience in digital programming of channels/platforms. Related roles in similar sized Media Networks, such as Head of Programming, Head of Digital Media, Head of Social Media with broad network of channels.
- Expert to identify where audiences live digitally and consume content and how to engage with them/programme content against their consumption behaviour (SA landscape)
- Marketing background or affinity
- Social native
- Excellent industry knowledge
- Analytic thinking with ability to translate into strategy and concrete initiatives
- Curious, open, creative
- Leadership skills, good presenter and motivator
- Problem solver and good mediator aligning and coordinating conflict of interest
- Experience with building audience engagement (reach, frequency and length of interaction)
- Knowledge of what content works in each channel/platform at the right time
- Experience with building programming plans (calendars) and a track record of increasing awareness and relevance with a brand
- Existing relationships with Opinion Leaders – an advantage
- Content creation/Editorial mindset would be beneficial – check profiles (blogs, social feeds etc.)
- MS Office packages
- Forward thinking and digital innovator
- Able to collaborate across departments
- Ability and capacity to build rapport and maintain strong relationships with stakeholder at different levels and with backgrounds
- Willing and not afraid to get their hands dirty
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- A positive, solution-oriented work attitude
- Company team fit, professional (hard working, anticipates the unexpected, speaks with certainty and authority), focused (executional, makes fact-based decisions, plans well), responsible (humble, respectful, mature and loves life) and passionate (creative and curios, entrepreneurial spirit, adaptable to change and an achiever).
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2867