We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Video & Design to lead the in-house Creative teams at an innovative, popular sports entertainment platform in this on-site Durban-based opening. The Creative teams include the video, motion graphic design, graphic design, and creative copy divisions. The Head of Video & Design will also collaborate with brand and marketing teams to produce engaging, meaningful content and deliver an integrated content strategy in line with overarching brand and product marketing strategies across all markets.
You will be able to think both creatively and analytically and will have a sound understanding of marketing strategy. You will use a combination of strategy, insight, design, and multichannel production to lead the various Creative teams to produce and deliver all forms of content for the business, you will also be responsible for quality control including overseeing editing and proofing of all content, among other tasks. Content includes, but is not limited to multimedia content, video, graphic design, copy, motion graphics, images etc. You will have the ability to deliver to tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment and be adept at project managing the workflows of the team in conjunction with Creative Heads and the Traffic Manager/s.
Strategic Planning & Implementation:
- Work with Marketing Managers to formulate and implement a cross-platform content strategy that adheres to brand guidelines and shape brand standards, creating procedures to ensure all products are brand appropriate
- Work with SEO Specialists and Marketing Analysts to understand and interpret research and reports to determine content engagement levels and optimise content
- Work with the Head of Digital Marketing to grow our online communities and deliver content for all digital platforms that drives engagement and growth
- Work with the brand and marketing teams to produce new ideas for company branding, promotional campaigns, and marketing communications across the business
- Leading a team consisting of writers, graphic designers, motion graphics designers, videographers, sound engineers, photographers, editors etc. creating, writing, editing, and proofing all forms content including but not limited presentations, scripts, TVCs, print adverts, digital adverts, blogs, website copy, press releases, videos etc. across all channels
- Brainstorm with team members to continuously develop new innovative ideas.
- Build, lead, and coach a diverse, high-performing content team and ensure ongoing collaboration with all multiple teams across the business
- Responsible for setting direction, conducting performance reviews, and conducting the day-to-day people management functions of the team/s
- Build long term relationships with team Members, clients, regulatory bodies, media, and other stakeholders.
- Consistently identify revenue opportunities and manage consistent growth by effectively targeting new audiences.
Analytics & Reporting:
- Weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Degree/Diploma
- Experience in Marketing, Brand Management, Communication & Design
- Experience in multimedia design and/or video production
- Experience in an Agency or in a similar role
- Management experience in a similar role – Strong leadership and people skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written), and ability to develop and maintain professional business associations
- Must consistently deliver on required business results and take accountability
- Demonstrate strong financial, commercial & project management skills
- The experience and ability to run a full-service creative agency and deliver high quality projects
- Sound understanding of traditional and digital marketing best practices
- Highly computer literate
- Understanding of popular content management systems
- Able to manage the department/agency P & L and manage large budgets
- Must ensure quality outcome is achieved
- Demonstrate strategic thinking
- Demonstrates exceptional market awareness
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle.
Please submit a PDF/link to a relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application for this specific role unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris2223