A prestigious Cape Town based property group has an excellent job opportunity for a talented and creative, junior to mid-weight Copywriter to assist in the execution of marketing briefs and strategy across the Group. The successful candidate will create relevant Content in different forms (Social Media posts, Website Content, Articles, Blogs, Flyers, Videos) for all departments within the Group. The work is a mix of digital and traditional copy but weighted towards digital. If working in a fast paced, dynamic environment excites you, we’d love to chat.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Interpret creative briefs and adapt points into persuasive copy concepts
- Proactively research and identify various creative opportunities
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables to internal team, and to management as needed
- Participate in content brainstorms
- Proactively identify creative trends and opportunities
- Using data analysis and Google Analytics to inform your decisions
- Strategising campaigns with the Brand Managers
- Propose copy concepts and present underlying strategic thinking to management
- Write persuasive, clear copy and tailor content to a wide range of print and digital channels, as well as tie together all elements within a holistic marketing strategy
- Writing different types of copy for a variety of different target markets and clients
- Revise copy based on internal and management feedback/direction
- Create engaging content for our Social Media
- Proofing and editing existing copy and adapting as required
- Use SEO principles to maximise copy’s reach.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- A tertiary qualification in copywriting and/or advertising
- 3 years professional copywriting experience, either in-house or within an agency
- Finely honed copywriting skills – ability to write imaginative, creative and original work
- Excellent command of the English language
- Knowledge of copyright and plagiarism legislation
- Computer literate (Google Docs)
- Good conceptual thinker
- Adept at brainstorming relevant, innovative ideas
- The ability to translate a brief/idea into a workable end-product
- Ability to accept guidance and respond well to criticism
- Meticulous with attention to detail
- Hard-working and proactive
- Open minded and adaptable
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- A good understanding of writing for digital platforms, including SEO, together with a clear understanding of the user experience
- Be able to work well within a team, as well as independently
- Able to multitask.
Please submit a relevant portfolio of work along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam479