A fabulous Brand Strategy agency in Durban, that focusses on Entrepreneurs is on the lookout for a junior ‘Hybrid’ Graphic Designer to join their team. The role will see you designing a wide variety of marketing material to be used across digital and offline media. These designs will communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate the target audience. They will interpret the brand and marketing needs of clients to drive sales/revenue and convey a certain message to consumers. The agency is passionate about entrepreneurs, inventors, new products, and new businesses. They are the entrepreneurs working with entrepreneurs so an entrepreneurial mindset will steer you well. Being a self-starter, capable of delivering brilliant creative ideas and showing amazing attention to detail will set you apart. Get in touch to apply today!
- Conceptualise, design, and implement creative graphics projects on time and within budget
- Coordinate with brand strategist to confirm marketing objectives
- Develop and design layouts marketing materials inclusive of copy and images
- Head responsibility for revisions to approvals, artwork and information accuracy
- Coordinate release and process files at printers and pre-press
- Ensure precision of file establishment and parameters for every outgoing artwork
- Participate in creative thinking as well as brainstorming session
- Assist with website design
- Support the Business Development department through preparation of proposals
- Bringing the brief and concept to life based on the client’s needs and vision
- Keeping budget, time and production constraints in mind
- Preparing mock-ups and presenting to clients
- Editing proofs to client’s specifications and getting sign-off/approval before finalising artwork
- Working and collaborating with brand strategist, copywriters, photographers and other designers
- Adapting and rolling out approved concepts to various media, above and below the line
- Adhering to a client’s brand identity and guidelines
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders about progress of projects and any issues that may arise
- Working with external departments to extend concept and visuals to other internal and external marketing-related material
- Making sure artwork is correct and supplied in the right format/sizes/colour codes before being sent to press and production facilities
- Work on multiple briefs at the same time.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Degree/Diploma in Visual Communications/Graphic Design or related field
- 2 – 3 years’ graphic design experience with a keen eye for aesthetics & details
- A strong well-rounded portfolio that showcases your aesthetics and design ability
- Skilled in using Design software and technologies (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Adobe Suite)
- Excellent communication skills to accurately convey your concepts to clients and team members
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Creative, adaptable to trends and able to conceptualise original ideas
- Mindful of clients’ needs and the time and costs associated with what you will be delivering
- Actively interested in Art and Design, and passionate about delivering high-quality work
- Exposed to layout, typography, digital design, and motion graphics – advantageous.
On application please submit your portfolio as a PDF/link along with your CV.
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks, please consider your application for this specific role, unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris2034