A super opportunity has opened up for a driven Marketing Assistant to work in-house at a large cleaning business based in Cape Town. As Marketing Assistant you will support the Brand Manager within multiple projects, and to manage the business’s training division. This is a fantastic opportunity to run the company’s highly competitive training programme. This will require planning, coordination and project management of the different regional teams and customers, and assisting with their requirements. We’re looking for a highly organised individual who has excellent attention to detail.
- Coordination and planning of the training calendar
- Coordination & production of marketing material for the various training sessions
- Coordination of giveaways for the training sessions, gift bags and other ad-hoc requests
- Work closely with the Branch Managers & Sales Reps to identify training gaps & needs, keeping an eye on competitor performance – with the goal of continuously improving the internal knowledge of our own products as well as cleaning products within the overall cleaning industry
- Excellent execution of the deliverables to support the Brand Manager
- Coordination of meetings
- Collaboration with team members to gather & collate info for presentations
- Competitor & specific project-related research
- Managing product promotions & giveaways
- Assisting with internal staff initiatives
- Assisting with marketing & branding materials – and briefing suppliers
- Managing year-end gifting for customers, goodie bags for conferences and other ad-hoc requests
- Willingness to learn – digital playing a large role
- Excellent communication to and alignment of, all internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Degree or Post Grad Diploma in Marketing or related
- 1 – 2 years in a high performance environment will be advantageous.
- Project Management skills
- Partner Management experience
- General business administration and organisational skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Teams).
- Able to communicate effectively, influence others, develop relationships, and collaborate with others to ensure success
- Analytical thinker – able to process information effectively and ‘join-the-dots’
- Drives for results/solutions-driven – understands what needs to be done, plans, proactively solves problems, identifies and shares opportunities and issues
- Energetic – engaged and enthusiastic, can-do attitude, willingness to learn
- Excellent command of English language
- Professional manner & work ethic
- Organisational excellence – drives structure through a busy environment
- High attention to detail – essential for this role
- Keen to learn more about: Brand Development & Brand Planning, Budgeting, Marketing Mix Management, Digital & SEO skills, WordPress, Ideation and Project Management of aligned NPD projects, Business & Brand economics (P&L and other measures) and Data Handling and Analysis (number crunching).
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Mich1469