We have an exciting Cape Town-based job opportunity for a mid-weight Marketing & Communications Manager at an innovative company making use of tech to support off grid households across Malawi and Uganda. We are looking for an ambitious and hardworking professional with a passion for marketing. Our ideal candidate is highly creative and strategic, but is also capable of execution, putting in place systems and measuring their performance. The company’s stakeholders are a highly diverse group, from subsistence farmers in Malawi, to investment bankers in London, to young software developers in Cape Town. As Marketing Manager you will craft and implement strategies and brand messaging to each of these groups in a unique, compelling and effective way. Ideally, we would like a candidate at mid-level with some experience, who is eager to be deeply involved in communications execution and build their strategic thinking and management skills over time. The Marketing Manager will be the first person in the company’s team dedicated to marketing and communications and as such will need to be comfortable to operate without a full support team. The Marketing & Communications Manager will work closely with the COO and CTO to coordinate internal communications and enhance customer experience, and the CEO to drive profitability through brand strategy. Fabulous opportunity to do meaningful and rewarding work, while doing what you love. Don’t miss out – apply today!
- Increase agent understanding
- Effectively communicate all internal changes & news
- Establish the effective and systematic co-ordination of internal communications
- Establishing and operating an effective and codified system to reduce friction between company tech, operations and sales teams
- Design, coordinate and oversee an internal communications system between managers, developers, sales agents and operations team members
- Management of recruitment, training and onboarding material for sales agents and operations team members
- Management of internal advertising of new products, offerings, prices, procedures and policies
- Management and recognition of exceptional performances throughout the organisation
- Ensuring consistent communication of cultural values and purpose.
- Increase customer understanding
- Consistent experience across all touchpoints
- Accountable for the experience and touchpoints of customers, with a focus on increasing customer understanding of how to use the company’s products, making payment, their contractual relationship, future product opportunities and how to access support.
- Responsible for increasing profitability by elevating brand awareness and brand positioning
- Drive the development of a marketing strategy to create a unique and powerful brand presence amongst all stakeholders including customers, sales agents, employees and investors
- Execute the marketing strategy
- Develop and report on measurable outcomes of the marketing initiatives undertaken
- Increase brand awareness amongst funders and potential hires through management of external PR, website and social media platforms
- Drive targeted recruitment of talent through unique guerrilla marketing talent acquisition strategies.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Marketing qualification
- Communications Systems experience
- Project Management experience
- Marketing Strategy skills
- Storytelling skills
- Digital User Experience knowledge
- Budget Management experience
- Marketing Analytics and Measurement experience
- Comfortable to operate without a full support team
- Very comfortable with technology
- Some relevant experience in design work and digital user experience.
REFERENCE CODE: #Viv2862