A fantastic job opportunity has opened up for a junior Social Media & Marketing Coordinator at a company in the hospitality sector. We’re looking for a dynamic candidate with a cheerful disposition and a willingness to work in a flexible, self-motivated and proactive manner whilst assisting in all aspects of running the properties. An outgoing personality will be an asset for working within this small family-owned business which is idyllically situated on the edge of the Knysna lagoon. This is a super opportunity, not to be missed.
- Market the brand’s properties and actively seek marketing opportunities and develop strategies to increase income
- Monitor sales, marketing figures and projections for the year
- Develop the brand identity
- Interact with guests in a public relations capacity and use the opportunity to foster a strong feedback channel between clients and staff
- Study operations manual of the business and update as necessary
- Learn all aspects of front desk reservations/operations in order to understand the business and in order to assume a front desk role during busy periods
- Manage booking portals
- Manage company website and Social Media: Facebook, Blog, Instagram, etc
- Keep photo bank of images updated
- Manage information aspects of the brand e.g., update folders on information/welcome pack.
- Ensure all stationery and business documents are uniformly presented
- Assume responsibility for guest events e.g.: New Year’s Eve party
- Attend Knysna Tourism meetings and other related tourism workshops etc.
- Report to Directors and work alongside the General Manageress on all operational matters
- Submit monthly progress report
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Marketing Degree/Diploma – essential
- Excellent English communication skills both written and spoken – essential
- Previous experience in the hospitality/tourism industry – preferred
- An outgoing personality with a naturally friendly disposition and interest in people
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of or learn Semper and Knightsbridge booking systems
- Working knowledge of basic graphic design and WordPress
- Able to work public holidays and weekends when necessary (overtime pay will be applied).
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Mich1437