Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a stunning opportunity for a talented, mid-senior Art Director at a vibrant TTL agency based either at their office in Johannesburg or Gqeberha (PE). We’re on the hunt for someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and loves the challenge of discovering what makes consumers “click” to join their dynamic, agile and solutions-driven team. In this role as Art Director, you will work in a “Art Director – Copywriter” team on concepts. It will be a plus if you possess strong Design capabilities. The goal of this exciting role is to translate marketing and branding strategies into innovative and impressive campaigns that stimulate targeted audiences. If that sounds like just your thing, get in touch to apply today!
- Strong conceptual big idea thinker
- Generate clear ideas and concepts in tandem with the copywriter/creative teams
- Produce sketches, storyboards roughs to visualise ideas
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience
- Cooperate with the rest of the creative team across different types of media
- Take work from concept to final execution within deadlines
- Manage and delegate responsibilities to other designers and provide directions
- Present completed ideas to clients/team members
- Stay on top of all trends and maintain best practices.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Visual Communication qualification
- Proven working experience as Art Director/Designer
- Minimum 5 – 6 years’ experience in agency – required
- Hands-on experience doing logo design, typography, colour, web and layout design, print production, image selection and packaging design
- Proficient use of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator – a plus if you can use wire-framing tools
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Incorporate feedback and take/give direction well
- Team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to be permanently based in Port Elizabeth or Johannesburg – non-negotiable
Please submit a link to your relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application for this specific position unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris2123