Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have an exciting opening on our books for a talented, Mid-weight Above-the-Line Copywriter at a thriving full service, integrated advertising agency based in Cape Town. In this role you will be responsible for creating effective, impactful and compelling creative on some well-loved South African brands specialising in Retail, and Financial Services. We’re looking for a passionate and driven creative to take these brands to the next level. Are you the superstar we’re looking for?
- Translating the brief and the strategic requirements into a compelling creative solution
- Presentation of work to the Creative Group Head and/or Creative Director
- Together with an Art Director, generate effective, innovative and compelling creative concepts for individual ads or campaigns based on sound strategies
- Proactively identify creative trends and opportunities
- Direct and produce effective, impactful and compelling advertising that reflects insight into the task, the brand and the target market
- Write copy and scripts for electronic / digital media
- Direct radio towards a high-quality final product
- Take ownership of your tasks and actively manage the creative process to progress towards deadline
- Writing and production for radio.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Industry relevant degree/diploma
- 4+ years copywriting experience within an agency
- Proficient in PowerPoint/Keynote, MS Word
- Conceptual and exceptional advertising ability
- A portfolio that reflects creative copywriting proficiencies
- Flair for writing imaginative, broad, intrusive, creative and original work
- Understanding of advertising as a selling tool
- Capability to take on campaigns with multi-element tasks which requires a concept and a thought through process
- Accept guidance and respond well to criticism
- Resilient – can accept setbacks
- Finely honed copywriting skills and latest techniques
- A great sense of humour
- Able to demonstrate creative insight and brilliance for client solutions across all media platforms.
- Detail-obsessed big thinker, passionate and hard-working, self-motivated team player with the ability to grasp a client’s strategy and brand, and deliver beautiful, insightful, polished work.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam469