We have an exciting job opportunity for a mid-weight Copywriter to join the Studio at a super BTL ad agency in Cape Town. The role reports directly to the Executive Creative Director or Group Head and works closely with the Project Management team, the Art Director, Head of Design and the Traffic Manager. The agency’s accounts span the financial, FMCG, alcohol sectors and more. The work includes digital, design, shopper marketing, activations, internal comms, etc. The successful candidate will be required to write copy to support the ideation, development and promotion of client strategies, business problems and briefs and to thoroughly proofread and fact-check all copy. You will also be responsible for developing copy in support of the pursuit of new business. You will be expected to responsible for learning and developing your professional skill set within the realms of your role in the agency.
- Play a central role in thinking up and developing fresh concepts that are pioneering whilst also grounded in insights, data and our clients’ brief and objectives
- Take ownership of client briefs and answering them to a high standard
- Develop clean, engaging and articulate copy in a timely manner to a high quality in line with the creative brief
- Create client presentations that are not formulaic, predictable or wordy; presentations that tell stories and grab the attention of the client
- Adhere to and contribute to the writing style guide and tone and voice of the
- Company and the client
- Ensure copy is accurate (fact check and copy check), and complete without grammatical and spelling errors
- Be able to write for a number of channels and platforms
- Understand client strategies, business problems, briefs and the message the client is seeking to deliver and translate this into high quality copy, creative solutions and executions
- Present concepts to clients in a confident and engaging way, as required
- Brainstorm ideas and concepts with other members of the Studio to distil and develop ideas, and promote these within the Company
- Be organised in terms of managing the workload you are given and managing your system of filing and backing up of written collateral.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Formal Copywriting or Marketing qualification relevant to the position – Not negotiable
- Minimum 5 years’ agency experience – Not negotiable (ideally with bias towards BTL)
- Strong conceptual ability – Not negotiable
- A passion for brand strategy – Not negotiable
- Good understanding of consumer dynamics and the full spectrum of the SA marketplace – Not negotiable
- ‘Finger on the pulse’ individual, aware and up to date with local and international brand and consumer trends
- Good communication skills: both written and verbal
- Must be able to manage time and work to tight deadlines
- Great organisation skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to multitask (manage multiple creative briefs at one time).
Please submit a relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam494