MOTION GRAPHICS DESIGNER
Management level: Mid Level
Direct Reports: None
Purpose of the role:
We are looking for a Motion Graphics Designer to create a conceptual design, developing storyboards, collaborating with the team, editing and then implement a graphic. This person must have high-end digital skills and are expert with interactive media software, which could include graphic design and video editing to 2D and 3D animation.This person will make sure that the picture or artwork to any creative campaign is done correctly and then multiply it with the power of video animation.
Day to day:
- To present work internally and externally in a clear and professional manner
- Design and create enticing motion graphics for video deliverables
- Prepare design plan, concept and layout for motion graphic project
- Create and deliver motion graphics in various media including web, mobile, etc
- Work with art and creative teams to understand project scope and objectives.
- Assist in selecting audio, video, colours, animation, etc for graphic design.
- Work with Art Directors, Copywriters, Editors, Producers and other Designers to resolve technical and/or design issues.
- Edit raw video footage and add effects/elements to enhance motion graphics.
- Research and analyse best design techniques and solutions to create motion graphics.
- Assist in designing motion graphics from storyboards.
- Maintain and follow best practices for versioning control, naming convention and organization of graphic and video files.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest graphic design techniques
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines and design standards.
- Support the design and illustration team with photo editing, illustration and icon design transformed into digital animated assets.
- Create clear Joe Grow goals for yourself and set out to achieve your goals.
- Actively support and involve team members at the appropriate time to resolve issues
- Encouraged all members to look for collaborative ways to make Joe Public a great place to work
- At least 4 years graphic design work experience including video production,
motion design and animation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Multimedia Design or Animation.
- Have an impresive portfolio/showreel showcasing high-end digital design skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend and uphold brand style guidelines of our clients,
producing work of a suitable style and standard.
- Ability to solve an array of challenges through visual design
- Must be able to mediate creative problems to arrive at the best solution
- Manage time effectively, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Detail-oriented individual who reviews his/her work carefully, quality control is key.
- Present creative work, absorb feedback in a positive manner and accomplish required changes.
- Self starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with a team.
- Professional demeanor with high degree of comfort speaking with internal clients
- Develop digital content designs in to rich media, animated GIFs, cinemagraphs, animations and motion graphics using the Adobe Suite
- Have an impressive portfolio reflecting strengths in motion graphics,
typography, layout and design.
- Be able to execute motion and static brand design content for our clients.
- Understanding of 3D software environments for rendering and simple videos and animations is a valued plus.
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe Illustrator
- MS Office 365 (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- 3D Motion design packages such as Maxon Cinema 4d including 3D Modelling, Rigging, Lighting, Texturing, Animation, Composition and Rendering.
- Grading packages such as Davinci Resolve.
- Spark AR
- Mac and PC literate