The online content writer will be responsible for interpreting the reality tv show’s experience to the viewer. This is achieved by creating social media & website content based on the activities in and around the show, in a fast-paced environment. The online content writers work in shifts, on a rotation basis for the duration of the TV show – including weekends and working after 17:00.
- Writing event-based engaging news and feature articles based on broadcast activities
- Researching, interviewing and sourcing information and news stories
- Write various content types such as copy, for website, articles, headlines, image captions, video abstracts etc.
- Maintain and create original content for website and online platforms
- Upload, publish and promote content on the website and social platforms
- Reporting and feedback on content, sentiment and trends
- Cross-platform publishing with various CMS’s
- Creative content idea generation
- Working with a team of writers, video editors, social moderators
- Social media sponsor post creation and publishing
- Content questions or copy for video shoots
- Required to be available for shifts including evening or weekends, as per shift schedule
- Flexible working hours and weekend shifts.
- Skills and professional experience writing and publishing in a digital environment, both online and social media. (a minimum of 3 years)
- A passion for the digital environment and latest social media trends and practices
- An energetic and positive attitude.
- A proven fast learner, able to learn new systems quickly.
- Team player and not afraid of a hard-work.
- Multi-tasking skills with the ability to comfortably juggle multiple requirements.
- Content management systems experience is an advantage.
- Some experience/knowledge/training in the television broadcast environment is an advantage, but not essential
- Must be able to work under pressure and within a team.
Salary: R25 - 30 000