We have an exciting opportunity for a junior-mid PR Account Manager at a small, boutique consultancy based in Cape Town’s northern suburbs. The role will see you working on a portfolio of accounts within the Education and Financial sectors. Working very closely with the agency owner, you will offer admin support and implementation of PR campaigns to achieve client objectives and deliverables. You will be responsible for managing media relations and managing multiple accounts. You will also assist with strategic planning with regards to client campaigns. We’re looking for someone with PR agency experience and excellent media pitching skills. While you won’t have to run Social Media channels, a solid understanding of the landscape.
- Assisting with office and client admin
- Media monitoring and publicity analysis for clients
- Updating and co-ordination of media lists
- Planning and implementation (take ownership) of PR campaigns and achieving results
- Participate in future planning
- Sound media relationships/ media relations skills to co-ordinate all media outreach activities as per instruction
- Assisting with preparing and delivering of proposals to clients
- Excellent writing skills to compile strong media pitches and editorials
- Direct client contact and compilation of status reports and proposals
- Pro-actively seeking opportunities to promote client retention
- Providing support to the owner/account director and to assist where possible
- Deliverables undertaken for clients to be met each month
- Complete responsibilities on PR plans timeously and on budget
- Pro-actively approached by the media for assistance due to relationships established.
- Managing own performance
- Knowledge sharing and training of interns (if and when relevant)
- Excellent communication internally
- Managing a supplier network (writers, photographers, etc.)
- Ensuring financial administration i.e., time sheets, cost estimates, invoices, buyout reports are accurate and presented timeously
- Assisting with identifying additional opportunities for existing clients over and above retainers and projects
- Effective project and time management and managing of client and business objectives
- Completing time sheets on a daily basis
- Managing of all client administration i.e., time sheets, contact reports, monthly status reports, annual reports etc.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- 3-year PR Diploma or Degree
- 1 year internship at an agency – preferred
- 3-4 years’ experience in a PR agency environment
- Media relations experience – crucial
- An excellent command of the English language
- Able to write press releases
- Good understanding of the Social Media landscape and be able to craft messaging and posts
- Excellent media pitching skills.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam511