Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a terrific opportunity for a PR Account Manager to join the financial services team at a super PR consultancy in Cape Town. In this role you’ll be responsible for writing content and maintaining client and media relationships in order to effectively deliver on campaigns. Client management and PR skills are critical to this role. We’re looking for a creative and highly efficient Account Manager with financial services (B2B and B2C) and traditional PR agency experience. This is a great chance to elevate your career by joining one of South Africa’s most renowned Public Relations agencies.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Degree or Diploma in Journalism, PR or similar field
- Agency experience
- Media contacts in financial sector
- Previous PR agency experience – non-negotiable
- Media pitching is non-negotiable, so a strong media pitcher required
- Able to demonstrate media liaison skillset and contacts – a must
- Strong writing requirement for job/edit/provide proof of writing ability – non-negotiable
- Experience working on clients in financial services / corporate sector – non-negotiable
- A strong admin/reporting skillset, able to analyse reporting numbers and requirements and have a creative, problem-solving approach to publicity reporting and measurement
- Intermediate experience/knowledge in Excel is recommended (but not necessity)
- Must be able to be flexible, manage multiple clients and juggle various tasks and deadlines
- Preferable to have own transport
- Able to demonstrate/enjoy creative problem solving
- A ‘can-do’ attitude, hands-on, able to show willingness to ‘jump in’ and lead by example by being a ‘go-getter’
- Meticulous, attention to detail
- Ability to form relationships easily (e.g., with clients and media)
- Able to work under pressure
- A self-starter, need little micromanagement, and show initiative in managing/leading projects
- Proactive in account management, spot problems before they arise, timeously alert account director
- Team player, but able to do the job and get on with it
- Able to manage own time and prioritise
- Willing to mentor junior staff
- Must be able to spot opportunities and act on them.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam508