We have a fantastic, on-site opportunity for a dynamic PR Account Manager to work on the Corporate client portfolio at a newly launched consultancy in Cape Town (part of a large international agency group that also has established Joburg offices). We’re looking for a sharp candidate who always has a handle on the what, when, who, why and where on their various jobs. With a solutions-based mindset, you demonstrate the ability to join the dots and multitask across projects and clients on a bigger scale, and more than just “taking the briefs” you are able to find the gaps and opportunities, proactively seeking to grow the portfolio. The ideal candidate has the foresight to manage risk and opportunity and the knowledge and experience that allows you to ask the right questions (in taking client briefs, scoping work, managing expectations, and knowing what to do, by whom and by when). If you are a super organised Account Manager who has successfully managed an Account Executive and is proficient in their duties, we’d love to hear from you.
- Management of media and influencer deliverables and KPIs (coverage and reporting)
- Develop accurate PR and project plans
- Keep accurate records of projects and budgets (works with AD to manage costs and billing)
- Present PR plans
- Manage competitor reviews
- Training AEs on all systems and processes
- Can “hold their own” with client
- Project Management: Takes ownership of campaign elements with a clear understanding of all the required input to drive a desired output against achievable timelines. Implements the campaign battle plans in partnership with the AD and manages expectations upwards and downwards (AE – AD/BD) proactively. Drives the process, knows what needs to be done, and works the system to make it happen
- Client Management: Responsible for day-to-day client integration on active projects and ensure client is up to speed with regards to status on jobs. Leads conversations and meetings regarding specific projects. Client must have a strong sense of confidence in you and must be able to depend on you for all the detail on projects. Manage both client and agency deliverables and win the confidence of the full team around them
- Creative Management: Develop and input clear and focused briefs. Understands the needs of the operations and production teams around them. Develop timing and project plans that allow for work to be effectively delivered. Engages creative teams to brainstorm and direct
- Strategy Management: Assess all work produced against the strategy developed and provide support to the senior team and strategy (e.g., brown rolls and supporting documentation for strategy formulation)
- Financial Management: Understands how the agency makes money and how the account should be charged. Oversees the financial administration of the Account Executive, including the updating of Budget Summaries, WIP meetings and, recons of jobs before they are closed
- People Management: Holds close and respected relationships across all departments and people genuinely enjoy working with him/her. Should an AM have an AE reporting into him/her, the AM is responsible for all the administrative training of the AE. This includes training on and reviewing of all briefs, contact reports, billings, and budget summaries. Must work very closely with the AE and must assist in the time management of the AE tasks.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- PR agency experience
- Media contacts
- Writing skills
- Influencer management experience
- Project Management skills
- Proactive and motivated.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam645