We have a first-rate job opportunity for a hands-on, senior PR Communications Manager at an investment advisory and financial analytics firm in Cape Town. The primary purpose of this role is to promote the brand and its offering via smart and resourceful Communication and Marketing. This role calls for someone who is innovative, highly organised, has initiative, and who wants to be part of a hard-working and collaborative team.
We’re looking for someone who ideally has financial services experience as well as global PR experience so that they are au fait with liaising with global media ad agencies. You will also be required to take on some Marketing responsibilities including Social Media and email Marketing.
This exciting and very hands-on role reports to Head of Brand & Marketing and works closely with PR agencies in SA, UK and other countries on an ad hoc basis. If you have a keen interest in financial investment and a passion for clear and effective communications, this is a great fit for you. Apply today!
PR & External Comms
- Develop and implement integrated communications strategies and initiatives across earned and owned channels
- Develop the omni-channel content calendar, and lead messaging and content creation in collaboration with the Brand team
- Drive positive coverage across a broad range of media, including online, broadcast and print outlets. Lead an external agency to draft and edit written content, conduct quality media engagements, and handle crisis communications
- Partner with internal customers to develop and communicate thought leadership pieces and narratives on key issues
- Draft communications for owned and shared media
- Handle media inquiries, crisis communications as well as social media channels
- Marketing project/mini-campaign coordination – takes brief from internal clients, determines needs and strategy, conceptualises upfront, gathers info to produce supporting content, briefs freelancers and suppliers, ensures all deliverables are met and of the highest standard, manages project and rolls out the solution/campaign appropriately
- Proofread and edit documents, presentations and other written communications produced by colleagues
- Assist with ad hoc formatting of presentations and documents in PowerPoint and Word
- Works closely with the rest of the team (design, PR, and traffic/production) and supports one another.
- Lead the development of an internal communications strategy that improves the consistency, clarity, and relevance of internal communications in order to make employees the most effective advocates of the company’s mission
- Translate the strategy into an internal communications calendar carried out across a variety of channels, including Teams, email and town hall meetings
- Help embed a single narrative about the company’s purpose
- Work with the Brand Team on executing such.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification: BCom or BA in Marketing, Communications, Journalism and/or demonstrable experience or portfolio
- Experience 5-8 years relevant PR experience – including ‘earned media’ and some internal comms
- Financial services experience is highly advantageous
- Previous experience at a multi-national and/or in the investment industry is advantageous
- Ideally, you have some global PR experience, i.e., have worked for a company or on a client where you’ve had to liaise with media and agencies globally
- A thoughtful individual who is able to think strategically and is not afraid to ask tough questions i.e., uses critical thinking to solve complex problems and plan for the future
- Proven PR & Project Management skills, including leading, coordinating, collaborating and communication with all internal and external project stakeholders
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills (English). Must be comfortable with both editorial, creative, and marketing/sales/brochure type copy
- Ability to digest complex content to create succinct, clear messages that work across a range of content types via simplified logical structures and can think visually
- Knowledge of, and experience in a wide range of marketing techniques and concepts, with the ability to conceptualise and implement through-the-lines solutions
- Experience juggling multiple projects and competing tasks simultaneously
- Must be proficient with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
- Proactive, resourceful, and highly motivated
- Excellent team player, collaborator, and communicator
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent attention to detail for both written and visual communications
- Excellent at listening, questioning, and responding to gained information – will seek to understand complex concepts in order to relay the information in a clearer or simplified manner
- Smart, innovative, and always looking for interesting ways to do something better.
Please submit a relevant writing portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam640