The Account Director in Conjunction with the PR Director holds the accountability for the health of client relationships. The Account Director needs to understand the clients’ business, their engines of profitability , their competitive framework, the politics of client organizations, and more. The Account Director will also focus on new business opportunities that regularly arise within the clients’ portfolio of brands, working with cross functional teams at the Riverbed to develop and present RFI/RFP responses.
- Lead and manage day-to-day direction of PR account team as main client contact to develop domain expertise, get stellar results, build trust and become an invaluable resource.
- Help team stay in front of the client with knowledge, influencer relationships, fresh daily thinking,research and ideas that will create thought and product leadership.
- Respond quickly to client needs and concerns with creative opportunities and solutions
- Develop long and short term strategies and planning
- Manage team time and client budgets
- Drive an aggresive media relations programme to develop the relationships and ideas that will create ongoing meaningful placements that move the needs for clients.
- Spearhead teams attention to every detail that can maximize media success- daily news media monitoring and ideas generation; tying client to national and global events; creating surveys; coordinating with content group for contributed articles, regular follow-up with media contacts and industry influencers.
- Collaborate with other agency functions- content , social and marketing teams- to deliver the best of full agency resources to the client at all times
- Develop individuals and team as a whole using appropriate people management techniques and company processes, resolving issues promptly and fairly and championing achievements,empowering the team to achieve its full potential in a positive and supportive environment
- Build an external network to support and grow company brand by attending professional events,contributing to company blog and identifying potential new staff and business opportunities
- Participate in the new business process including ideas, brainstorms, research ,proposal writing and participation in new business presentations
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships with senior management team
- Manage profitability and financial aspects of accounts
- Passionate and dynamic
- Hard working and Energetic
- Asute attention to detail
- Task driven to meet tight deadlines
- Self motivated
- Team player
- Flexibility to travel or work outside of regular office hours
*this is a snapshot of the responsibilities and desired deliverables. Other areas for delivery and responsibilities may be added or addressed during the period of employment. This document should not constitute as the sole indicator for responsibilities and delivery , but it can be used as a generic guide to help with managing your performance.
- All Microsoft products