A fantastic job opportunity has opened up for a talented Senior Copywriter at a high-end furniture and décor retailer’s Cape Town office. The Copywriter will report to the Marketing Manager and will work within their in-house creative team. The ideal candidate demonstrates a passion for interior décor & design; will be creative & passionate about the brand, and eager to use their skills to maximise the brand look and sales potential. Creative flair, originality, and strong visual sense as well as a keen interest in keeping up to date with new developments in the design/retail industry are essential. We’re looking for someone who knows how to treat copy on various channels and must stay up to date on relevant trends relating to each of their customers, tailoring copy to them where appropriate. The successful candidate will have advertising agency experience working on 360˚ campaigns including Digital, (of which there is a large component) as well as Above and Below the line. Show us your on-trend, 360˚ portfolio to seal the deal!
- Developing and maintaining a consistent ‘voice’ for the brand in all marketing communication, including the creation and maintenance of a Tone Guide that should be used to guide the brand personality across all our channels
- Writing catchy and effective copy for e-mailers & digital advertising
- Conceptualising & writing copy for ATL (above-the-line) print and radio advertisement, including store-specific advertising
- Writing of selected web copy for the company brands
- Conceptualising, scripting and post-production input on in-house brand and training AVs (video content)
- Conceptualising & writing copy for the company’s projects (including new store openings and ad hoc pitches on projects)
- Compiling PR info and copy
- Ad hoc signage and in-house communication material
- Writing of articles and answering of Q&As for external print and online publications on behalf of the company
- Supplying copy for visual merchandising concepts & signage
- Overseeing the work of the Junior Copywriter – ensuring they are trained in the brand tone and that their copy is consistent with the tone across other channels.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- A 3-4-year Degree/Diploma in Copywriting – is a pre-requisite
- A minimum 5-6 years’ ad agency experience working on 360˚ campaigns including Digital, ATL and BTL – non-negotiable
- 360˚ portfolio with digital, print, outdoor, TV and activations
- Above the line, through the line and Digital experience
- Retail experience – preferable
- Home and décor brand experience will be a plus, but not limited to it
- Able to demonstrate positive hands on, can-do attitude
- Able to work independently, yet be a team player
- Positive, energetic, a self-starter
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Able to work well under pressure, meet tight deadlines and produce a high quality of work – is a pre-requisite
- The ability to oversee a junior member’s work and give feedback where necessary in order to aid in their development.
Please include your portfolio and salary expectations along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam491