We have an exciting job opportunity for a senior Copywriter to join the studio at a boutique TTL ad agency in Cape Town. The role reports directly to the Executive Creative Director or Group Head and works closely with the Project Management team, the Art Director, Head of Design and the Traffic Manager. The agency’s accounts span the financial, FMCG, alcohol sectors and more. The work includes digital, design, shopper marketing, activations, internal comms, etc. The successful candidate will be required to write copy to support the ideation, development and promotion of client strategies, business problems and briefs and to thoroughly proofread and fact-check all copy. You will also be responsible for developing copy in support of the pursuit of new business. You will be expected to responsible for learning and developing your professional skill set within the realms of your role in the agency. We’re looking for a talented writer who has experience in TTL Advertising, from Content, Social Media, Retail, Brand Campaigns, and Experiential Marketing through to Employee Engagement.
Please note, this role currently works part time on-site and part time remotely.
- Play a central role in thinking up and developing fresh concepts that are pioneering whilst also grounded in insights, data and our clients’ brief and objectives
- Take ownership of client briefs and answering them to a high standard
- Develop clean, engaging and articulate copy in a timely manner to a high quality in line with the creative brief
- Create client presentations that are not formulaic, predictable or wordy; presentations that tell stories and grab the attention of the client
- Adhere to and contribute to the writing style guide and tone and voice of the Company and the client
- Ensure copy is accurate (fact check and copy check), and complete without grammatical and spelling errors
- Be able to write for a number of channels and platforms
- Understand client strategies, business problems, briefs and the message the client is seeking to deliver and translate this into high quality copy, creative solutions and executions
- Present concepts to clients in a confident and engaging way, as required
- Brainstorm ideas and concepts with other members of the Studio to distil and develop ideas, and promote these within the Company
- Work under the guidance of the Creative Director
- Liaise with the Traffic Manager and the Project Management team to ensure job deadlines are clearly established and adhered to
- Assist in debriefing projects with Client Services, the Project Management team and other Studio members to assess the performance of relevant projects, measure progress, and understand areas of improvement
- Be organised in terms of managing the workload you are given and managing your system of filing and backing up of written collateral
- Be proficient on the Company’s operating system e.g. ensure timesheets are loaded on time, receive, and respond to tasks, load progress documents, follow naming conventions etc.
- Take initiative to constantly learn more about writing and researching techniques
- Stay abreast of industry developments and trends and be up to date with news relevant to the Company and clients.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Formal Copywriting or Marketing qualification relevant to the position
- Minimum 6 years’ agency experience – Not negotiable
- Experience with ‘Content’, retail, digital, experiential, and employee engagement
- Some experience working on financial services accounts – ideal
- Strong conceptual ability
- A passion for brand strategy
- Agile and able to take ownership
- Good understanding of consumer dynamics and the full spectrum of the SA marketplace
- ‘Finger on the pulse’ individual, aware and up to date with local and international brand and consumer trends
- Good communication skills: both written and verbal
- Must be able to manage time and work to tight deadlines
- Great organisation skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to multitask (manage multiple creative briefs at one time)
- Able to work part of the time remotely.
Please submit a relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam519