We have a fabulous, on-site opportunity in Johannesburg for a Senior PR Account Manager at a public relations, culture, and influence agency that is part of a national agency Group. This exciting role will see you working on the corporate portfolio of a number of consumer brands. We are looking for someone with strong corporate experience who is able to bring thought leadership strategy to life. Ideally you have social impact/CSI experience (but it’s not a deal breaker).
The agency is a highly entrepreneurial and opportunity focused company who want to be the most effective public relations company on the African continent and beyond. They believe in strategically grounded, highly creative solutions that work for their clients and their businesses. They believe that “the people with the best people win” and are looking for a world class, brave, bright, and optimistic problem solver. Is it you?
Creativity & Impact
- Fights for most brilliant, creative and effective work and actively seeks to deliver media and stakeholder solutions on every brief
- Is proactive, and passionate about going beyond the brief for clients, and unlocking the power of powerful conversations
- Has proven media and influencer relationships and can successfully leverage these to generate the most powerful conversations for clients.
- Someone who can work across a complex client businesses and sectors
- Understands what makes news and can turn this into content that matters
- Understands client industries and the demands this brings, but more importantly turns this knowledge into conversations that create powerful impact
- Can write (even if an editor has to do some polishing). Can spot a good angle from the other side of the room.
- Ability to get work out in an efficient & effective manner
- Understands client scope and what’s been promised and makes it a mission to go beyond this
- Believes in measurable work for clients
- Is accountable
- Gets the job done, on time and on budget without just being busy.
- A natural leader who is able to work with multiple levels both within the agency environment and when dealing with client
- Has a proven media network and ability to build and maintain influence network that directly benefit clients, their companies, brands and products
- Builds relationships across the client organisation and supports the reputation of the agency.
Admin & Attention to Detail
- Pays attention to the details and worries about the little things and has strong organisation, admin and time management skills
- Is commercially minded and understands management client budgets and processes
- Can manage time and deliverables as a self-starter.
- Build relationships of trust, respect and partnership within our culture that allows people to be and do their best, as well as be responsible for managing and growing the core skills of their junior team members.
- Client has full trust and confidence in you to lead projects; take briefs; and manage client presentations without senior involvement
- You are able to identify opportunities to build on and grow the client relationship
- You are able to surprise and delight beyond the day-to-day
- Being proactive is second nature to you.
- You are responsible for ensuring the client teams charges for work correctly and ensures the necessary “checks and balances” are in place to drive seamless financial administration of the account
- You can also confidently do first drafts of fee proposals and has a very clear understanding of how the agency makes money
- Understands the client scope of work and contractual obligations.
- You have a trusted relationship with supporting creative, strategy and production teams and are able to conduct meetings both internally and with clients
- Can assess and push the work to deliver the most impact for clients
- You continuously ensure that there is consistent alignment and quality controls in all the work produced
- Is accountable.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in the account management function (big agency experience is preferable)
- Experienced in working with senior clients across multiple stakeholders
- Good knowledge of media landscape (Traditional & Digital)
- Proven network of media relationships and influencer relationships
- Solid understanding of current affairs and issues, with the ability to leverage these to do the most effective work for clients. Know a story when you see one, know what content works to make it work for clients
- Writing skills (even if you are not secretly penning your award-winning novel) as well as presentation skills
- A natural leader with fantastic people skills – both within the agency environment and when dealing with client
- Ego free problem-solver
- Passion for the job.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam675