We have a fantastic opportunity at SA’s hottest agency for a Senior Project Lead.
As a Senior Project Lead, your role is pivotal to the overall delivery to client. Positioned at the heart of the agency, you will take the lead on projects assigned to you by the Group Account Director with the single aim of ensuring those projects are delivered on time, on budget and seamlessly (or, as seamlessly as possible in the slightly crazy world of advertising).
Supported by the operational heads of all the relevant studios, you will build your own project plans and budgets, and ensure that all the moving parts are working together according to plan. You’ll liaise with your creative colleagues, and your production partners, to keep campaigns forging ahead, and you’ll make sure that clients are kept in the loop and involved throughout. Because you’ll be working on individual projects rather than in an always-on client servicing capacity, there will often be exciting opportunities to work across a portfolio of clients and stretch your learning into new categories and channels.
Own and manage communication projects assigned to you, ensuring that they are delivered to standard of excellence.
- Projects delivered on time, on budget and to client brief.
- Top quality communication with clients that keeps them informed, helps them to plan, manages their expectations and ensures that their feedback into the project is accurately represented and addressed.
- A thorough understanding of the agency environment and how the work flow moves through the agency so that internal teams and colleagues are able to deliver their part of any project really well.
- Firm but fair management of supporting junior project leads where relevant to ensure their growth, upskilling and delivery.
- Group Account Directors that are kept informed of your progress on a project to continue to build trust and accountability, and Business Unit Directors / Managing Partners that are consulted so that they are given the opportunity to strategically weigh in as needed, and to provide a platform for your personal upskilling and growth.
- 5+ years’ account management and agency experience
- Prior project management experience an advantage
- Accountable, hard-working and proactive
- Reliable, and organized with an excellent attention to detail
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to cope with pressure, work to tight deadlines and handle diverse activities
- A real problem solver who maintains calm even when fighting fires
- Ability to research and self-study
- Exceptional time and project management skills
- Business and commercial understanding
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (incl. Mail, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
Relevant business or marketing and communications tertiary qualification and/or equivalent work experience essential.
Driver’s license and own reliable transport important.
SHOULD YOU NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION PLEASE TAKE IT THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.
Salary: R30 - 40 000