Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a sterling job opportunity for a Senior Social Media Specialist to join the team at a leading financial services company based in Cape Town. Ideally, the successful candidate has experience working in financial services or on a financial services client. This exciting role will see you managing public engagement and brand reputation of the brand’s social media accounts across a number of established social media channels. As such this role is a combination of brand and reputation/customer service social media. As the manager of all social media accounts under the company’s umbrella, the Social Media Specialist will be responsible for both proactive and reactive functions while ensuring brand consistency and adherence to brand tonality and style as guided by the company’s social media policy. Apply today.
Strategic Content Management
- Develop and implement social media and online communication campaign plans in support of digital marketing campaigns
- Develop content calendars and schedule publication of monthly content and campaigns
- Oversee and provide feedback on creative concepts and content developed internally as well as by agency partners and third-party service providers
- Write creative briefs to external agencies and/or internal designers, video editors, and copywriters
- Create detailed monthly reports to feedback on social media activities and campaigns.
- Manage customer feedback on social media channels in line with SLA’s and report to client care, marketing and/or corporate affairs teams where appropriate (including weekends and public holidays)
- Provide input on engaging text, image and video content for social media
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure excellent service and a quality social media service
- Proactively monitor social media platforms for conversations, hashtags and branded keywords to gauge trends and conversations that could present leveraging opportunities for brand visibility
- Identify potential crises and reputational brand risks emanating from social media conversations, and escalate these to relevant internal teams and manage crisis communication interventions
- Build and maintain Frequently Asked Questions and relevant documentation with the input from internal resources
- Regularly review existing social media processes, outcomes and technology, and ensure alignment with industry best practice.
Trend And Analysis And Research
- Regular overview of the social media landscape and trends to ensure that the brand’s social media capabilities remain in line with global best practice
- Keep abreast of social media channel updates, new platforms, added features and functionalities, and adapt the brand’s digital content strategies accordingly.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Marketing / Communication qualification
- BComm or equivalent national diploma
- Minimum 5 -7 years’ experience in a relevant marketing and/or social media environment
- Financial services experience – non-negotiable
- Experience in online reputational management practices
- Solid knowledge of wide variety of social media platforms and Google apps
- Experience with monitoring tools (BrandsEye, Hootsuite, etc.)
- Confident and mature communicator with the ability to engage effectively across various levels of management
- Good time management skills with ability to work effectively in a pressurised environment
- Empathetic and resilient team player with the ability to build and maintain good relationships
- Excellent planning and organising capabilities
- Excellent writing skills and digital savvy
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail
- Proactive and results driven with a strong client focus, driving collaboration and developing innovative solutions.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Tam595