Accountable for overall reporting and quality of development process across entire system by ensuring application of DevOps tools and techniques. Framework and platform expert. Becomes the conceptual custodian of the solution architecture for the client. Design solutions for non-functional system properties for sub-systems. Systematically look for ways to leverage new technologies.
Accountable for overall reporting and quality of development process across entire system by ensuring application of DevOps tools and techniques
Knowledge of framework(s) and platforms
- Apply frameworks and platform to the development of an entire system with limited supervision
- Recognized as an expert and technical lead on the topic of the framework or platform by the client
- Drive the design of an entire system up to client acceptance.
- Ensure the design has the level of detail and clarity so it can be used by team members to start development activities
- In a multi-track situation, accountable and responsible for production of complete integrated system design, and manage trade-offs
- Design all architecture representations required for an entire
- system based on functional, non-functional requirements.
- Make best use of platforms and frameworks in architecture
- Drive necessary conversations to ensure architecture is defined for the long term with all necessary inputs
- Becomes the conceptual custodian of the solution architecture for the client
- Comprehensive identification of risks in the solution and develop mitigation approach
Scale & resilience
- Achieves non-functional system properties from an early stage
- of the sub-system design and development.
- Earns the client trust in building stable systems
- Systematically look for ways to leverage new technologies to
- advance the state of solution to known requirements.
- Acknowledged by client as generating some form of business differentiation
- Parts of the solution, design or code are reused for other projects
Executive Presence, Client Collaboration & Interaction
- Addresses business problems, leads workshop sessions, works
- with enterprise architects, drives viewpoints
- Speaks to business users to understand problems
- Schedules and sets agendas for client workshops
- Engages with platform and application leads & enterprise
- architects at client site
- Handles client conflicts and opposing viewpoints to drive towards a common solution
- Presents business & tech solution options
- Owns creation of presentation that addresses business issues
- Presentation contains technical options that meet business needs
Client focus & impact
- Navigate tough conversations and drive consensus
- Leads other senior tech team members in a project.
- Plans,delegates and tracks work.
Requirements / Experience / Skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or National Diploma in Computer Science or related Software
- 7+ years of Software Engineering experience
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP (preferred) and .Net.
- Experience in using different CMS frameworks (Laravel, Snapi)
- Experience code repository management tools and CI/CD tools
- Experience in the design and implementation of integration architectures including APIs and microservices
- Experience with virtualisation, Cloud deployments and server management
- Proficiency with database technology (MSSQL Server, MySQL)
- Team management and project management skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Comfortable building client relationships
- Comfortable leading in Agile working models
- Personality Attributes
- Team player with ability to work independently
- Ability to remain calm in a highly pressurized environment
- Mature and honest
- Assertive (never aggressive)
- Problem solver
- Solution and deadline driven
- High EQ
- Meticulous with attention to detail
SHOULD YOU NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE TAKE IT THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.
Salary: R60 - 80 000