We have a superb job opportunity for a passionate, senior UI Designer at the Cape Town HQ of a leading financial services company. The UI Designer will be responsible for designing and shaping unique experiences in the financial services space. This as a 12-month fixed-term contract role which requires the successful candidate to have experience working in agile teams, working as the UI Lead alongside developers, brand and business analysts. The successful UI Designer will be able to interpret a brief, conceptualise and make deliberate design decisions and will be expected to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction. The environment is fast moving, constantly pivoting and as such you will be expected to handle high pressure situations, while maintaining excellent quality output that is on-time as determined by rigorous project schedules.
- Collaborate with product managers, brand and business stakeholders to confirm business objectives and define user objectives & flows
- Collaborate with technical leads to design innovative & engaging designs within the website constraints and technical limitations
- Provide UX guidance to be applied to design guidelines, resulting in best practices across the website
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles
- Work closely with the digital and brand teams to ensure successful implementation of the specified designs
- Measure the effectiveness of each initiative & refine
- Research website design and technology trends and keep your team updated
- Create and iterate a style guide as new elements are created
- Champion the importance of design.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (for example BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related qualification)
- At least 5 – 7 years’ experience in a UI Design role for websites (finance or investment environment highly advantageous)
- Strong portfolio to be presented as well as defended
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
- Proven UI experience and the ability to demonstrate how you have managed to enhance user satisfaction by improving the affordance, interaction and accessibility of previous websites, tools, products or systems you have designed
- Demonstrable UI skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction and a strong verifiable portfolio which must be presented for review
- Experience with user interface design patterns, principles, techniques and standard UCD methodologies across multiple platform
- Good exposure to HTML5, Java script and CSS
- Understanding of the technical consequences of design decisions, with the ability to compromise but also to stand your ground to defend your designs
- Proficiency in tools such as InVision, Sketch, Principle, Adobe Creative Suite or similar apps
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Ability to present your designs and solutions to various stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
Please submit a link to your relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application for this specific role, unsuccessful.
JOB REFERENCE CODE: #Chris2135